Author Topic: Pimple looking things!  (Read 2229 times)

ducky

• Junior Boxer
    • View Profile
Pimple looking things!
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »
I was washing Reggie the other day in the tub and noticed that under his little jaws is some pimple looking things that actually pop open! They look like pimples to me but not sure if its something else! I dont know if maybe Layla is biting him and its gettin infected and doing this or if its something to be concerned about! I clean them and put like a antibiotic cream on them and they go away no other problems! Has anyone else ever had this problem with there boxer kids?  He just had a check up and the vet said nothing to worry about he looked them over and said looks like he is gettin infected hairs but I have never had a dog to get those so I am kinda concerned about this! I trust this vet with my dogs life I have had him for over 15 years and he has always been great he helped me save a rotweiller that had parvo I mean the man is good and knows what hes doing! Just still makes u wonder because he is getting to be an older vet! My husband said dont worry honey the older he is the more wiser he is about things! But its hard not to worry! My dogs are like my kids and step kids they are my life and after having to put down my long time companion min pin that I had for 12 years it just worries me sick!
Owned by Reggie and Layla

emybubble

• View Profile
Re: Pimple looking things!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Dont panic!  It sounds like he has what my bullmastiff has - he has had these since he got his "big boy toys" we had him tested for allergies and they said  it could be his stubble under his chin gets infected from bacteria or that it could be he has an allergy - the spots can also develop in the pads/toes of their feet - you may want to check there - my boy has to have immunotherapy injections which I inject at home but if they get a bad flare up then he goes for a conveni injection at the vets and the spots go away.  They can cause a lot of discomfort in their feet and can also leave scars on their face if you let it get too bad.  He has had his for 19 months now - I point out his spots are not just red that have a little bit of yellow puss in them so if that are like that then it might be worth a second opinion off another vet as leaving it could get worse and leave him with scars and painful blisters on his feet - let us know how it goes x
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:48:17 PM by emybubble »

Doreen

• Junior Boxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
My Molly gets them from time to time.  Mostly when she has her pups.  They are like pimples and they go away.  Hers is from cleaning the pups all the time.  All that licking clogs her hair folicles and they get red and bumpy.  I have read that plastic bowls will cause this sometimes also.  The ones I've seen are like pimples on people and they are harmless.  I think if the vet says it's okay, then I wouldn't worry.  Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't become large and infected.  If what you are doing helps them heal, then keep doing it! 

looneybugz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:12 AM »
lol.... their doggy zits. Their like teenagers who get them... they usually pop on their own or u can do it.... doesn't hurt them.... When mine have em'.... I tell people he's still in that teenager phase. :o

emybubble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:27:28 AM »
ducky did you have a look to see if they were in the toes/paws or not as that will tell you if it is just zits or if it is an allergy - let us know x

ducky

• Junior Boxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
Its just on his chin and on his belly sometimes! There actually not as bad now but at first he had probably 5 or 6 at one time! It scared me!
Owned by Reggie and Layla

The Boxer Dog Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »