Author Topic: Bonny our cute baby  (Read 178 times)

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
Bonny our cute baby
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
Hi everyone

I am in pain today my little girl Bonny has gone to Rainbow Bridge. We tried to save her but over the past 2 weeks she began to lose the use of front and back legs until she cant walk and of course I was trying to not be anxious because of the effect on her but I couldnt help it. The vet said nothing could be done and somehow she was ready to go to Rainbow Bridge
The house is empty - I didnt realise until now that boxers are a part of every part of our lives, following us upstairs, attending to our every need and emotion and those loving eyes words fail me!!

We love her so much our hearts are of sorrow but we have lost a boxer Beauty 2 years ago but its hard every time of course.

Your thoughts are appreciated at this sad time.

Thank you

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
Re: Bonny our cute baby
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »
I am so very sorry for the loss of your hear Bonny.  It hurts so bad when a family (Yes, a family) member passes.  Our hearts will always have that empty space.  We know what you are filling.  Many of us have lost our fur babies in the past year or so.  It will never be the same. 

Did you have her cremated?  We have our boy's ashes and it felt so much better to bring him home where he belongs.  He's always with us. 

I am giving you tight (((HUGS))) and sending prayers and good thoughts.  Again, I am so very sorry.
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
So sorry to hear about your loss
Loved by  Luna & Brandi

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
Thank you so much for your thoughts at this sad time. We have all experienced the love of our boxers and it is so strong. Yes we will have her ashes but we will scatter them up on the hills when she used to run free with her doggy pals.

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »
Our little Bonnie

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 03:24:14 PM »
o cute..So sorry i always hard but these boxers follow you around and alwsays have to be with you..
Loved by  Luna & Brandi

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

Ginger

• Best of Breed
  • A life without a dog, is not a life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »
so very sorry.   
Ginger, owned by Maggie Mae, Prissy Lee, Chloe and Rusty. Forever in my heart, Temper, Temper II, Copper, Doc, Ray Charles, Walker and Little Man

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
Sweet little Bonny and oh so cute.  Run free little one, run free. 

It's heartwarming to know what you are doing with her ashes.  Beautiful. 
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
So sorry to hear , it's always hard to even hear one passing.

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 02:30:03 AM »
Thank you so much everyone - your thoughts have helped especially this morning when we went down and her bed ( sofa!) was empty but her spirit is still there. My daughter's lurcher Ruby went to Rainbow bridge last August and she is now thinking of getting another dog, so we will enjoy taking her for walks and minding her. We are not considering another dog yet although the temptation is great.

We are both in mid 60's maybe we have enough life in us yet for one more boxer. We have had 3 already and each one is loved although not with us physically. We talk about their humour and how we adored each other to the point that they know what you are going to do before you do it, I was sure boxers can read your minds.

Nancy, a lovely photo of your 2 boxers snuggling up. Which one is the General - great name!
When you have had boxers do you always have another boxer or another breed maybe can be just as intelligent?

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 02:42:23 AM »
Nancy
I have just read your posts, heartbroken as we are!
Just 2 weeks ago our little Bonny was running with her friends Moss and Foggy up the Yorkshire Hills and having a lovely time. Now she is gone suddenly having got worse over the past 10 days she was collapsing all four limbs, she regained her strength a little bit then bad collapse yesterday morning. Vet couldn't do anything as a series of mini strokes then a big one. As you say boxers love to run and this is how we will remember her in time!

Thank you all so much again, it helps so much as at the moment the grief comes in waves which it will for a family member so loved.
Elaine

Maineac

• Junior Boxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
So very sad to hear of your adorable Bonny's sudden passing.  (I actually read your post yesterday but the tears were running down my face and I had to log off) Such a beautiful girl!

She is indeed running the hills with her doggy pals and I believe that our beloved pets are always with us just in a different way. You described Boxers so well.....they are our little sidekicks stuck like glue to us and so lovingly loyal and especially sensitive to our needs. You did/do her proud. Stay still in the quiet for a moment and I bet you will "feel" her soft kisses thanking you for such a wonderful loving life that you gave her.

Sending love and strength.........

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
I was sure boxers can read your minds.

Nancy, a lovely photo of your 2 boxers snuggling up. Which one is the General - great name!
When you have had boxers do you always have another boxer or another breed maybe can be just as intelligent?

Larry and I both think Boxers can read our minds also.

The two snuggling are Maggie and Major.  The General was put down last March.   :'(  His story is at the Rainbow Bridge section.  He's still a big part of us. 

As for getting another dog?  We went for another Boxer of course, but we ended up with a Moose.  They said Major was full blooded and even papered.  Well, we know there's something else in him from down the lineage, but we still love him to death. 

Like Larry said when we were coming home with little Major, "He will never be a "General" but he will make a good Major."  Major is becoming a very well behaved boy.    Here's pictures of The General. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:46:30 AM by Nancy-IL »
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General

bonnieboxer23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 11:20:17 AM »
Thank you all again for your words of encouragement- helps so much. I read The General's story what a wonderful dog and so loving and intelligent. he received lots of love and gave lots also enriching your life for ever.
We don't have another dog at home so the worst part is coming in an empty house with no wagging tail and greetings from Bonnie. Every time of the day brings its own heartache but I hope that will fade so we can focus on all the wonderful times we had together when she was well.

That is such good advice to stay still and feel her soft kisses and I will do that to gain love and strength.

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 05:04:37 PM »
(((((((HUGS)))))))
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General