Author Topic: Idiopathic Head Tremors  (Read 1280 times)

Maineac

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
Idiopathic Head Tremors
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:41:41 pm »
Has anyone ever heard of Idiopathic Head Tremors?  About 3 months ago CB was sleeping and we called her name at bedtime to go out to go to the bathroom and she put her head up and her head was shaking and bobbing and she seemed "out of it" for a minute or two. We thought she was have a convulsion of some sort. It was very scary. I immediately googled and was amazed to find so much info on it and watched a You-Tube video on a Boxer experiencing it. I watched her all night and we kept a good eye on her but Thank God it has never happened again. I am going to mention it to the vet on her  ACL surgery consult.
My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
Re: Idiopathic Head Tremors
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:54:39 am »
I haven't heard of it but I heard of boxers having seizures though.

Maineac

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 09:02:10 am »
We thought at first it was a type of seizure although she had never had anything like that before. Than we realized that she was not drooling or her body convulsing and although she seemed out of it she also seemed aware of us. It was very weird and very scary......especially to see her head bobbing up and down. We never called the vet because it seemed EXACTLY like what I read and saw on the internet. Now I am concerned about it if she goes into surgery. Thanks for responding!
My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:53 am »
I've heard of it but I haven't a clue about it.  Yes, put that on your list for when you see the Vet.  I always make a list to take with me, even when I see my doctor too.  Even if it's a little thing.  Please keep us posted.  You are such a good Mommy! 
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

Idigboxers2

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »
Yes. Our first Boxer Dakota had them. We were able to just redirect her to get them to stop when she started the seizures. We would say in an excited tone of voice "who is it?" and look out the window like someone was here to see her. It's scary and sad to watch them shake their head side to side.

Maineac

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:35:52 pm »
Did Dakota have them often? She has only had one so far. It was very hot in here at the time with 2 wood stoves going so we opened the window for her and let her have some cooler air to sleep near so I am wondering if the hot/cold air triggered it? Very scary, yes!

Idigboxers2

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »
No not often at all. But every coupla months or so. Still it's scary to see your little girl loose control!

Maineac

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 08:24:10 am »
CB just had another episode, the second one in just a few days........ >:(

I wonder if surgery and/or meds could be inducing them??

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 01:41:32 pm »
Have you asked the vet?
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala