Author Topic: Water Dish  (Read 137 times)

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
Water Dish
« on: April 08, 2017, 07:56:21 PM »
For the first time our pond has been used as a dog watering hole.  Yeah, only he would do something like this.  That's our boy.  Maggie was probably saying, "Eewww, the fish use that as their bathroom".  Major could care less.

There's a couple of pictures of my Marsh Plants and the fish.  The fish starting to get hungry.  I don't feel them over winter or even when the water is below 65 degrees F. because if I did, their bodies wouldn't be able to digest the food and they would be belly up.   
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
Re: Water Dish
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
Nice pond Nancy , both mine are still unsure if it but are looking at it like the ultimante water source. I used brick and mortar for my edging .I'll get some pic's uploaded shortly.

Maineac

• Junior Boxer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
I love your pond Nancy! and the flowers are beautiful.  Looks like summer there and here......well, still winter.....no lawn yet, about 2 feet of snow left to melt in backyard.....chipmunks and squirrels still have to run on top of the snow to get to the bird feeders, which are still close to the ground due to the amount of snow so not too much of a jump for them!!

Major is too funny......he's probably thinking...."That's OK, Maggie, more for me!!"

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 08:22:33 AM »
LOL nice pond..Mine would be in it swimming..THey love water
Loved by  Luna & Brandi

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
Thanks everyone.  We took out the other pond and stream that connected it to the main pond.  It was just too much for me to take care of.  The flowering plant is a Marsh Marigold.  It blooms throughout the summer.  I will always remember the name since my daughter's last name (Mr. & Mrs.) is Marsh and all the grandbabies. 

I can honestly say, Major was the first to get a drink out of any of the ponds.  General and Maggie?????  Lord forbid get their feet wet even in the stream.   ::)  They all love their baths so we never understood
Maggie & Major

RIP  The General

ptcarter

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »
SO pretty!!!