Author Topic: Baileys recovery  (Read 8787 times)

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
Re: Baileys recovery
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 04:42:04 pm »
     Good to hear Bailey is better.  Isn't it funny when they are better WE are better!!
Never expect to teach a dog more than he can teach you

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 11:12:33 pm »
Hopefully this one won't be too long. , I'm tired and Bailey's sore. Went to the physical therapist for him today. He was a maniac of course jumping and wanting to play. I'm not quite sure what the doc thought of Bailey and me , but couldn't believe his energy with his knee just being operated on. He took to the water tank treadmill fairly well. Totally un sure of it for sure but he did about a 15 minute walk with some coaching. Over all ok , agreed with me on doing his pain meds every 8 hours instead of 12. Also said to keep his walks to a little less them 10. He was toe tapping to much for her liking , I guess me and him have been pushing his potty breaks and walks a bit too far to soon. Over all they were surprised he was has happy and energetic as he was. More tomorrow . Hope all are doing good...

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 07:35:38 am »
Doesn't she know about Boxers?   >:D  They are full of fun and energy and it's hard to keep a good boy/gal down.  I honestly feel you have done great with Bailey and his exercise and holding him back from romping like a maniac.  Hey, with that being said, YES you have done great!  Give yourself a pat on the back.  Soon that special day of letting loose and letting him run is just around the corner.  Thank you for taking such good care and loving him so much!
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 12:42:38 pm »
Nancy , Thanks. She said she has had 3 of them. They must of been of the real mellow ones ( if there is such a thing) and she never seen one as crazy as Bailey. Been keeping the walks are at 5 minutes 3 times a day today , till the surgeon calls back. He was suppose to call yesterday but of course he didn't. I think I'm going to get Bailey a recheck and x ray a couple of weeks early for my peace of mind.

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »
I agree with Nancy..I think you have been doing a good job.
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 04:01:10 pm »
Why do doctors say they'll call and then don't?   ::)  I had to chuckle about "mellow ones".  Boxers can be very high energy.  The General was quite the opposite.  Maybe she had three like him.   :o

Have you called the Vet back and asked why no one has called you?  I would be on pins and needles also.  It really does sound like you two are being such a good Poppy and Mommy for Bailey.  He's got the best care.  Please keep us posted if you hear from the surgeon.  Meanwhile, take a deep breath and sit back and have a big glass of Iced Tea.  Or a nice cold beer! 

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »
The surgeon called .He said keep the walks at 5 minutes3 times a day and watch the length of potty breaks. I'll do the water tank therapy I'll call next week for scheduale. They can't do the laser therapy cause of the plate they put in.  Thanks guys for listening.

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 06:39:10 pm »
A couple of pics of him in the water tank. He liked the water jets

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 07:22:13 pm »
Oh my word...........Bailey grew up and he's one VERY handsome boy!  WOW!  Very impressive boy!

He looks like he does like the water therapy.  Who wouldn't?  I like our hot tub.   >:D

That's good that he can continue his walks.  Little by little he'll be as good as new....even better. 

We're here for you guys anytime. 

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 09:14:39 pm »
     I bet that felt good.  It does look like he enjoyed it.  :)

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 07:12:32 pm »
Afternoon guys , Bailey here. Had water therapy today and did good . Walked .33 miles ,putting all my weight on the leg. The vet. tech ,TAT,( yes Tat. Poppy and I can't pronounce her name) said she didn't see a much of a limp but the joint is still shaky at times and he still does favor it by which is normal. I had to come clean on the 25 to 30 minute walk we took on the other day. He was doing great , behaving , no real limp , putting weight on it , and with the weather nice(70 degrees slightly cloudy and a breeze) we lost track of time and distance. Needless to say he was slightly limping and I felt bad but we were both happy for the walk.
He really took to the treadmill water tank today , he'll be going solo in it next week. The Vet. Tech. was laughing when she brought him out , apparently he farted in the tank hard enough to see the bubbles. She said he just kept trucking , looked back at her like "what, so I have tiny bubbles in my bath"

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 08:10:43 pm »
     Oh Bailey, you little stinker!  ;D

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2016, 07:18:42 am »
We love you Bailey.  Every stinkin' bit of you.  You're making our day!

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2016, 08:31:22 am »
LOL bubbles.. GOod to hear he is coming along in his recovery
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

Purplelori222

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile