Author Topic: Baileys got bad cough  (Read 7837 times)

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
Re: Baileys got bad cough
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 07:50:47 pm »
They're coming to take me away hoho hehe to the funny farm where life is gay all the time.... oops sorry got carried away (in more ways then one). I go now -LOL you are too funny
Oh Eilene....way too funny. Now I have that song stuck in my head!
Agree with Nancy...Black is a good basic purse to have....

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:41 am »
Black is a good color but it makes Baileys butt look big.!

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2015, 05:18:38 pm »
     I disagree--black is very slimming!  To prove my point look at your checking account now.  ::)
Never expect to teach a dog more than he can teach you

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 05:20:28 pm »
     Forgot to say thank goodness his cough is better.  :)

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 06:08:22 pm »
lol. Maggie. , I do agree with that type of slimming.

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 05:27:41 am »
Well , about 4 more days of antibiotics. We're getting tired of them , plus he's getting too use to the treats he gets for getting them some what stuff down his throat in pill pockets( nice beefy little snacks with holes in them for pills). His bark is back to normal , but he still wheezes after a run and coughs a tad when he gets up after a sleep. We horsed around in the house for 2 1/2 hours today and it wore him out. I think with all this rest he might of gotten lazy a bit. The vet mentioned that if it didn't clear up that the next thing was x rays of the lungs for possible pnemounia . I might have that done any way for a bench mark of sorts since I have a extra  pay check next month , I don't know . Hate to do tests on him for nothing , besides I need some money for me too sometimes. Poppy needs a new pair of furry dice for the truck maybe...LOL

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2015, 12:06:21 pm »
     ................or new tires.  Maybe finish the antibiotics and see how he is.  Hopefully he'll come around and be his old self again.  Healing vibes coming your way!

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2015, 06:37:58 pm »
Oh the tires ,the tires ,no problem ,the tires uh uh. lol

Stephanie

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »
Personally, I would hold off on the x-rays for the time being, kennel cough can linger on for a good month or so [see my previous post on this thread] and Bailey has had it what around 2 weeks?  I don't really understand how the x-rays would help to be honest.  Bailey has been treated with AB's that would have dealt with any bacterial pneumonia, and if he has a form of viral pneumonia well I am not sure there is anything they can give him to deal that anyway.....? I would really quiz your vet more about the value/benefit of having these x-rays?  Maybe your vet is thinking of some other condition maybe?  Hope it clears up soon anyway.

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »
Stephanie , I think she was thinking it might be something else too. It was a fill in vet , not his normal one. Right now I'm getting a bit worried though. He threw up yesterday , well last night. And his stomach has been gurgaling a lot the last two days. Plus he hasn't eaten a full meal for a day and a half. I'm not sure if it's the anti biotics or what. I have a call into his regular vet now. I don't want to give him any of the meds with such little food in his stomach. He hasn't coughed for 2 days now and the wheezing is very slight now. Waiting on the call. I know I've been under a lot of stress with work the last 5 days ,and he may be picking up on that too. Plus he's so tired of being on light duty he might be getting depressed too. We'll see.

judacious

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2015, 11:43:06 pm »
Hugs hun hope he feels better may be just the meds getting to his tummy
Jasper 5/21/2010 to 8/19/14

[/url

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:24 am »
I hope it is the meds getting to his stomach.  Please keep us posted on dear Bailey.  He means so much to all of us. 
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 10:28:18 am »
Keep us posted
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

grkline

• Best of Breed
  • content with progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 03:58:52 am »
 Have I mentioned I don't like or fully trust the medical profession ,both for humans and animals , much. Bailey didn't eat much breakfast today and threw up about half his supper. The vet  , by which wasn't Baileys normal vet , called finally. She wants me to get more meds for him to settle his stomach and increase his appetite. But the problem I have is he only has 2 more days of antibiotics left , his cough and wheezing is gone , and his energy is basically back. The meds would be around $60 for both for a week worth and 2 days left on the anti biotics ,plus she says it would take about a day or 2 of doses for them to take affect. It don't make sense to me to get them and put Bailey through more meds for 2 days of antibiotics when he is better. I know they say take all of the anitbiotics but I'm going to stop the anti biotics  and let his stomach get back to normal so he can eat. I'm getting really upset seeing him like this and I believe it's making him nerves enough to trouble his stomach even worse.  And if his stomach doesn't settle in a day or two I'll make a appointment with his normal vet for Friday.

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 08:20:01 am »
I also dont trust the medical profession both human and vets..You have to do what YOU think is right..Sometimes our gut Instinct is correct.
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala