Author Topic: Diarrhea with blood after worming?  (Read 3497 times)

Realdeal

• Champion
    • View Profile
Diarrhea with blood after worming?
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:34:42 AM »
Hi guys, have to be quick but just thought I would let you know and ask for info at the same time about Jackson.  We wormed him Friday evening (its Advocate does fleas worms everything) and by saturday morning he had diarrhea with a tiny bit of blood in it, this happened all saturday, i was so worried thinking I had done something wrong so I phoned the vets who have advised me to put him on rice for 24 hours (which he LOVES by the way lol) anyway the blood has gone already (diarrhea stil lthere slightly) and he is still his usual payful self.  I just wanted to ask if this is normal? I havent changed his food and he is on only one type of treat which are tiny milk bones, he has been on them since we got him and has had no problems his poos were perfect stools before Friday!.  The only thing that changed was on Friday morning he had his first injection and Friday evening he was wormed.  The vet told me if it clears up (which it has) not to worry everything is fine but if it doesnt I would have to bring him in.

Do you think its the injection? the worming? What have you experienced before to be reasons for it?

Thank you x
My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet :)

butler

• Best of Breed
  • the best life is one you share others
    • View Profile
Re: Diarrhea with blood after worming?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »
i wouldnt be too worried about it. puppies can get diarrhea very easily.i think at the same age Bo had it after a worming, it didnt have blood in it and it only lasted a couple of poops but i think its normal. just keep in touch with your vet if it doesnt stop

gallagher

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:58:19 AM »
I think its the worming doing its job and clearing his system - weve had that in the past just keep an eye on it as the vet says - they get diahorea easily but I'm convinced its the worming.

Realdeal

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:36:46 AM »
Thanks for your comments.  The rice seems to have done the trick and his stools are nearly back to normal.  I will be careful and keep an eye on things around the time he is next due to be wormed! x
My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet :)

The Boxer Dog Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:36:46 AM »