Author Topic: The Best Dog Name Ever  (Read 49614 times)

mollyL

• Puppy
    • View Profile
The Best Dog Name Ever
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:46:17 am »
What is the best dog name you ever heard? We had a friend who named his dog "Nixon". I thought that was a very original name for a dog.

Boscosmum

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Dog Name Ever
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
I used to know someone with a rottweiler named Correlli, loved that name.

Shannon C

• Puppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:24:04 am »
I love the name Nixon......that's what I wanted to name our last rescue dog, but my family out-voted me!!   So, his name is Dexter.

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:06:28 am »
Personally I think whatever name we have named our precious boxers is the "Best Dog Name Ever".  We all love our dog's names.   :-*  Right? 
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

boxermommy

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:59:52 am »
I agree with the previous post.. whatever we name our boxers is "the best dog name ever"

My boxer pups are names "Gordon" and "Ramsey" - which are the best dog names ever, but my last boxer's name was "Luthor" - which of course, was also the best dog name ever ;)

Dave B.

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 06:17:51 pm »
We've had a Copper, two Zacs, a Jake, a Bruno, a Jess (she was that special one) a Theo and a Khara. They are all special names! LOL.
Big Zac had a great kennel name, he came from the Redmoss Kennels and his KC name was Redmoss Cassius Clay because he was the prettiest Boxer in the world. The lady who owned the kennels thought it was a brilliant choice of name for him.

delly1971

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
hi all x my boxer's are ASTI (my favorite wine) + BOO (cause she's scared of everything) ;)
r.i.p asti 29.07.02 - 04.09.11 x

VSAdmin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:07:41 pm »
hi all x my boxer's are ASTI (my favorite wine) + BOO (cause she's scared of everything) ;)

Hhaha Boo, that's cute:)

Kaco Boxers

• Best of Breed
  • Collin and Kari of Kaco Boxers
    • View Profile
    • Kaco Boxers
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:06:30 pm »
Our Boxers names are:

Mia (My-ah):  Kaco's Missing In Action
Thea (Tay-ah)
Raven: Kaco's Thats so Raven
Dani: Wodanico Steptown

bilfrost

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
My boxer is called Magrar ,yes i know its random but he loves it when we shout puppy dog magrar and he gets the boxer wiggle!!!!

bxrbub

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:56 pm »
I actually do not like my dog's name, lol! I am her second owner, and she was pretty messed up when I got her (at 7mos, not trained, not housebroken, obsesive spinning circles...) I wanted to keep things as simple as possible for herso I kept her name. Her name? Coco Chanel. That's a foo-foo dog's name, not a boxer's! more times than not I just call her bubba(short for bubbaluv) or Coax( short for coco)
Next male dog: KERMIT. KERMIT THE DOG.
Next female dog: Girlrila or Grrrila (not set on sp)

becky,76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 10:38:41 pm »
Its fuuny this is my 1st time on this web page and my 1st question I was thinking of, What shall I name my new pups name. I just put a deposit on my Boxer pup. And my husband and I were discussing what to name him. I say Sage and he wants Tyson. Are last Boxer's name was Daisey, we had to put her down from a brain tumor, she wasn't taking to medication and was having severe sesuires. :'(

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:28:19 am »
Hello Becky,  So sorry to hear about your precious Daisy.  I feel whatever name one chooses for their boxer is the right name.  We have the General and he is stout and carries himself like a "General".  It fits him perfectly.  But he's also our gentle giant.  There's so many names, but whichever one you choose will be special. I wish you the best.   
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

becky,76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 10:09:45 pm »
Thank you all for the welcome,
 I guess Sage is a girls name. We both decieded on Brushci. My kids and husband are big Patriots fans, and so the name fits well. I went to see him yesterday. He fits into both of my hands. I will post pictures soon.
Take care and I wish everyone Health and Happiness,
Becky

tborg

• Puppy
    • View Profile
    • Boxers Malta
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:53:40 am »
Before we got Suki, we spent hours and hours thinking and going through book names to find her name. When we adopted her sister Lucy at 7month age from another family we still kept her name as is.

It doesn't really matter what name you give to your dog, its the love and aeffection you give her that counts. You'll get plenty more from them haha :P
Terence & Christine