Author Topic: Meet Little Miss Texas!  (Read 5308 times)

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
Meet Little Miss Texas!
« on: July 24, 2014, 04:03:37 pm »
After alot of searching and searching, (didn't know that scotties were that hard to come by) I have found what I believe to be the perfect one! I put the deposit down on her and she should arrive for Dougs Birthday in September. She is 6 weeks old and the little runt of the litter. They call her Catrina, but I'call her Texas, (that's where she is at now) and i'm sure Doug will call her something else. i have not told him and this will be a total suprise for him...that is if I can keep quiet!  :67:

sapphiregirl0912

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Little Miss Texas!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »
She is so pretty, reminds me of a black bear cub. I'm glad you found one for him.  :great:

Eilene1015

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:23 am »
Cute..She does look like a little bear cub.
Loved by  Luna & Brandi & Bosco

Forever in my heart Amber, Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila,Koda,Nala

Purplelori222

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:44:54 pm »
SO cute!  My parents had a Scottie before they had kids.  My dad (and his warped sense of humor) named him: Horace McNuier.  ::)
Lori & Wally

RIP Carli & Simon

Stephanie

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:54 am »
Aww, isn't she sweet!! :-* :-*  It will be a lovely surprise for your hubby! Do you have a plan on how you will get him to the airport to pick her up?

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 03:07:46 pm »
How cute is Miss Texas!!!  Oh, I bet you'll see a grown man cry...........Happy tears.  You're so sweet and he'll be so happy and I bet the girls will be happy too to have another playmate.  I'll keep my lips sealed.   :-X  Can't wait!
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!

proud grandma

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 04:55:13 pm »
     How cute is she!  Does remind me of a bear cub too.  I wish I could be there for the surprise reveal!  I love surprises!  I bet you can't wait.  I love the name you picked out for her.   :RunDog:
Never expect to teach a dog more than he can teach you

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 07:48:18 pm »
The breeder sent me a video of her today. Oh she is a scottie for sure. I think we will call her Croi pronounced "kree". it means  heart in Scottish.  Since she will help fill Doug's heart alittle.  This is going to be a long month for sure and to keep it from him. Steph, I am hoping she will come in during the day and I can pick her up and have her here when he comes home from work. We will see. And Purplelori...I love your Dad's sense of humor! not sureI would do that to this girl...but it would of been great for one of the scottie boys we had when I was growing up! LOL

judacious

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 12:09:28 pm »
She looks like a little black bear for sure :) Ursa would be another good name lol
Jasper 5/21/2010 to 8/19/14

[/url

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 04:12:37 pm »
Ursa is another cute name! I'm sure my husband will come up with something totally different and off the wall! LOL

Stephanie

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 07:35:12 am »
.................I think we will call her Croi pronounced "kree". it means  heart in Scottish. 

Interesting, I was wondering if you were going to pick another 'flower' name to go with Daisy & Rosie....  Croi is a lovely name, never come across it before.  I have met a couple of dogs called Cariad - [pronounced carry-add] which is the Welsh for love, loved one, darling.   

ptcarter

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:43:02 am »
OMG she is so sweet! What makes it hard to find Scotties these days? I know nothing about them, but am wondering if they're a breed that's fallen out of the lime light over the last few decades? Kind of like how Dobermans were very "big" in the 1970's but less so now?

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 10:54:00 am »
I grew up with Scotties and in the seventies you could find them in the ads in the paper. Maggie was an incidental find, I was actually looking at a beagle mix and then saw her. There are quite a few breeders I found, but they wanted the equivalant to a couple house payments for one. (and the ones i talked to tended to be a little stuck-up too. )  The breeder I found was reasonable in price , and seems to have good reviews. Her pups are beautiful and parents have been screened for genetic problems.  But you don't see that many of them around anymore!
Doug's present arrives on August 30 or September 2nd. She will be flying so i am a little nervous about that. 
PT: I still love Dobermans!
Steph: I love that name: Cariad..hmmmmmight change it. Doug will probably stick to the flower theme. I really didn't start out to name all my furbies after plant life! LOL

maggiepeanut

• Best of Breed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »
Well it is two weeks away till I either am the best wife or in divorce court.
She will arrive on Saturday August 30th at 8 in the morning. She has grown or rather I think her ears have tripled in size! LOL And like any scottie, they like to lay in the dirt !don't care how dirty they get or scruffy they are. Doug is going to love her! (I hope...fingers crossed) Still haven't figured out how to surprise him with her. Any ideas? :017:

Nancy-IL

• Global Moderator
  • Best of Breed
  • Central Illinois Maggie and Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:36 am »
What a little cutie.  Doug is going to be so surprised.  Why not act like you're going to go out for breakfast and instead of breakfast go to the airport.  You driving of course for he'll have to have both hands free when he sees that little precious thing.   :dance:
Maggie May 07/04/2010     Major Lee  02/22/2016

RIP  The General  02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016  You will always be in our hearts Big Boy!